11.14.2006

My times are mine no longer.

Wow! It's been another hectic week. Exams are closing in and blogging is apparently not a priority... for now. I'll try to string together some disjointed thoughts here. Please forgive my apparent lack of orientation in advance.

Not much has been happening, except studying and more greek in my tax classes. I forgot my laptop in a Yellowcab on my trip back from Michigan. The nice bloke acting as the taxi driver dropped it off at the 107th precinct which was where I retrieved it at 3 am the next morning. If you ever lose anything in New York City, call 3-1-1 and make a report of it. Something positive might happen, or maybe not. But if you don't report it, your chances are reduced. I was glad to have my 'top back. My shaky exam preparations would have taken a fatal dip, for sure.

I visited the Nigerian consulate in New York for the first time today. I must say I felt no comfort being within its glass walls. I think my experiences with Nigerians home and abroad have not been amazing. They make me wary, I'm sorry to confess. I'm sure some others react likewise to me. I wish we could change things. I'm afraid we may not. Not in this generation. Anyways, I wanted to renew my passport. As I guessed, they stop operating at 12.00 noon. I'm not sure which is better - working at a foreign consulate with ridiculous hours; or, being a summer associate at a top law firm. Surely, the latter pays better but you gotta love the hours at the former!

Anyways, no more ranting for the present. I have to get back to figuring out S.904 and it's odd treatment of credits and losses.

On a lighter note, I did see this quote today: "A friend doesn't come to visit you in jail; he's in there with you, sitting on your bed saying, 'we f$%#*&^d up, didn't we?!'

Smile!

No comments: