3.05.2009

Love Poems from My Past (II)

I wish we were grown up and married,
But, then, I'd miss the courting and the quiet years
Of me loving you in my youth and in yours as well.

I wish were an old couple.... Hey, hell no!
Then, I'ld have forgone the 'rushing to work' so I can 'rush back home'
Into your arms and kisses of gold and perfume,
As well as the frollicking in strange hotels and rented rooms.

I wish we weren't so young so you didn't have to
Go away and leave me here all alone
Even though I know I'm in your heart wherever you go.
I miss you like anything I've ever longed for,
I miss you like my best 'yesterday'.

So, I'm sending these hugs to keep you warm tonight
Praying that someday onwards all your nights will be mine as well.
I'm blowing you these kisses to wet your face
And to smudge that self-indulgent make-up of shades of sunlight,
To say I love you no matter how you look.

And every prayer I make will be full of your names -
Angel, Duchess, Countessa, ... Friend -
I'm asking for everything beautiful and true,
For yesterday, For today, & Forever with you.

-------------------------------------------

Sometimes, you look at your past with the benefit of hindsight, and shake your head at your ... innocence(?) As a subscript, we must truly learn to be grateful that God does not answer all our prayers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y? Trouble already?

Anonymous said...

You're not alone....

Unknown said...

@ Anonymous 1: Don't u just wish?

@ Anonymous 2: It does make getting *here* feel so much better.