11.22.2006

I disavow...

This is not a fabulous time to be a New Yorker!

The weather is so cold. It's been ranging between 1 and 2 degrees Celsius. All this in the middle of Thanksgiving! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I hear it's going to rain. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible! I've cancelled any plans for attending the Parade. I'll just stay indoors and draw inspiration from the cold arms of my tax texts.

Have you thought of what to give thanks for this year? In that regard, a few interesting things happened to me this week. I got in touch with 2 'old' friends. One of them isn't really old at all. She was an admin staff at the Houston law firm. She was very kind to me and she generally smiled a lot. I think she didn't get along too well with the other women in the office but she always put up a brave face.

The other friend is over 80 years old. He is the most learned person I know. He speaks every modern language I can think of - spanish, english, russian, french, portuguese, german, etc., as well as latin. I call him 'The Sphinx' cos I think he knows things only the Pyramids have seen. He had been on the verge of death lately. When I called, he was feeling better. He was as vivacious as a dew drop dancing in the sunlight. I am glad he is alive and well. There would be less of me if he were not.

I am a tad too busy to rant about the niceties of this week besides the weather and my old friends. Let me hope that you are warm wherever you are. As for me, while the weather stays this deathly, I disavow my relationship with it...lest I fade away like a sliver of ice!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: