3.12.2007

From the sublime to the ridiculous

Here is a remarkable event in my life:

I got a letter today from the Department of State - A recommendation has been sent to the Citizenship & Immigration Section recommending a grant of waiver of the 2-year home residency requirement on my visa! I really didn't believe this was possible.
The implications:
1. I no longer have to worry about being able to leave the U.S. after my Masters program;
2. I can accept any job I want!
3. I can make mid-to-long-term plans using the United States as my parameter;
4. I can get a Green Card in the forseeable future.
5. You really want more reasons? com'on...be excited already!

Unto other things:
- Nigerian forces freed 3 Europeans from the Niger Delta today;
- The Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar, fell off a threadmill and flew overseas to treat the injured knee!
This story is particularly worrying. It does not make sense that a presidential candidate thinks nothing of spending $3000.00 of taxpayer's money on travel in order to check-up an injured knee.

I realize that writing about myself will soon fall beneath me. It is almost time to begin writing exclusively about issues that matter. I look forward to attempting to change the world with my writing. I will probably not succeed. But it will be fun to try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just boasting...boaster!
Guess who?

CatherineAnne said...

I'm SO excited for you!!