12.14.2006

Odds and Ends.

I finally picked up my passport today. I looked at my schedule and realized that there was no way I could wait until my assigned date to go get the passport from the Consulate. Well, I sorta gate-crashed the place and told them I had an emergency. Interestingly, noone asked me what the emergency was but the man there was helpful and a bit polite. He took me upstairs to the eight floor and spoke to the man in charge of preparing the passports. That was yesterday. Today, I picked up the old and new passports. Phew! Now, I'm relieved from that until 2011!

International Tax I & II finals is tomorrow. I finally understand some of the greek we did in class. I sincerely hope it's enough for more than a B. I need to get a job and making Bs is not a good way to establish myself. Somehow, I've tied myself into reading 30 pages of corporate tax and 28 pages of tax procedure, while finishing 15 pages of writing for transfer pricing! Damn, I can't wait for this semester to be over.

Isn't it remarkable the number of people that are getting married? Almost all my conversations these days have something to do with someone getting married. I guess I must be that age! [...when all your friends start getting hitched up...except you, of course.] One thing is interesting though, from a personal point. Nowadays, as I listen to my favourite songs, I consciously decide which will, or will not, play at my wedding. If my wedding has nothing, it will have good, emotional, sensual music.

So, what are you doing for Christmas? Do you have some elaborate plan or are you going to keep a low profile and pretend that the season is not as important as it really is? On Christmas day last year, I was shuttling between Baton Rouge (I miss that city) and New York. It was my first trip to the Big Apple. Now that I live here, I shall have to think of something more inspiring to do for Christmas. I already know I shall spend most of it in Times Sq. wondering where the Love of my Life is lurking...LOL. As though I were really looking....

Anyways, if you can, commit to do something special. Light a candle. Pray for someone that hates you. Speak to a stranger with excitement in your eyes. Think of when you were happier, merrier, richer, less worried, more hopeful, than you are today. Do something that is more than yourself.

You may bless yourself more than you think. Enjoy!

No comments: